Extend BorderGuard Protection to Offices, Mobile Operations, Even Home Networks
As part of the BorderGuard family, the BorderGuard RemoteLink (RL) applies Blue Ridge’s proven security architecture to create trusted enclaves in the field. Our approach to mandatory, mutual authentication eliminates the possibility of an attacker entering network sessions via identity spoofing or a man-in-the-middle attack.
BorderGuard RL is a compact plug-and-play device that securely connects remote networks over any communication medium. Its simple approach to secure remote access provides field offices, mobile work teams, and even deployed individuals an easy-to-use local-area-network (LAN) extension to their enterprise data network.
BorderGuard RL requires no configuration by end-users. To establish a secure tunnel, a user inserts an administrator-generated security token into the device. The BorderGuard RL does not store cryptographic information or network details in the device. All network credentials are kept on the user’s security token, so your network cannot be compromised if the device is lost or stolen. If a user’s security token is lost or stolen, simply suspend the user’s digital certificate until the security token is located or the user is given new credentials.
BorderGuard RL Features.
- Includes high assurance security features of BorderGuard family
- Compliant with industry regulations including DoD PKI, HSPD-12, PCI, HIPAA, and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Zero end-user configuration via a plug-and-play design enables non-IT users to turn up small offices, remote offices, and portable offices in minutes with no impact on local IT administrators and no disruption to your network
- BorderGuard RLs are network media agnostic enabling you to extend your network to remote locations over any available media such as broadband, satellite, and shared Internet
- Affordable scalability allows customers to deploy thousands of BorderGuard RL devices quickly
- Retail stores requiring secure data transmissions from retail outlets to the district or home office
- Healthcare institutions with a need to secure patient information and transactions among offices
- Legal and accounting firms needing private virtual offices for small teams without requiring local IT assistance
- Civilian government agencies who need to ensure continuity of operations with telework policies
- Department of Defense and Homeland Security organizations that must establish ad hoc field offices
BorderGuard RL Specifications
The BorderGuard RemoteLink 10 provides up to 4 Ethernet interfaces where 2 interfaces are 10/100/1000BaseT and 2 are 10/100BaseT. RL 10 devices support three concurrent tunnels and maximum throughput using AES 256 encryption is 30 Mbps. The BorderGuard RL includes AES encryption algorithms as well as HMAC SHA-1 and SHA-256 algorithms for data integrity. Its approach to public key cryptography applies RSA keys and Diffie-Hellman key exchange. BorderGuard RL devices weigh 0.95 pounds and have the following dimensions: height 1.63 inches, width 6.25 inches, and depth 6.75 inches. The devices function with a 5V inline AC adapter within an environment of 41 to 104 degrees Fahrenheit, 10% to 90% humidity (non-condensing) and at an altitude of -15 to +10,000 feet.
Download BorderGuard RL Data Sheet: Download Data Sheet
Contact a Blue Ridge Networks cybersecurity professional to learn more about how we can help address your IT security needs.